Hope you have all recovered from your holiday festivities…just in time to come celebrate with your fellow homebrewers! Our annual MCZA Holiday Party is this Saturday, January 18th from 5pm to 10pm at Shrub Steppe Brewery. Details are as follows:
1. No outside food of any kind – this is a health-code issue. The club will be providing members with some food/drink; you are more than welcome to purchase extra food/drink from Shrub Steppe!
2. Bring your brews! – outside beer *is* ok to bring in, and as always, members are encouraged to share the wealth!
3. We will be holding a whopping three (3!) judging competitions: Club Quarterly for Winter style; Best Munich Dunkel from Megabrew; and Best Overall beer at the party. Be sure to talk to one of the officers/James to get your beer entered.
4. We will be voting on two officer positions: Vice President and Publicist. If you have any last-minute nominations, bring it up at the meeting. Be sure to attend if you want to cast your vote!
5. This party will be family-friendly, so bringing the kiddos is A-OK. Bringing your best friend/boss/neighbor/best friend’s boss’s neighbor, however, is not. This is a members-only event, and as such, only significant others and immediate family are welcome to attend.
6. A few members will be bringing their fire pits from home so we can toast by the embers. If you have extra firewood lying around and would like to donate it to this endeavor, please bring it on Saturday.
Lastly, as always, the club encourages responsible drinking. If you are showing signs of being over-served, the staff at Shrub Steppe has the right to cut you off. The club will also try to provide transportation to members who need a ride home. Along with being responsible consumers, we should all be responsible guests. Please be sure to thank the Shrub Steppe-ians for their generosity in providing a venue for our shindig, and respect both the staff and the establishment.
Hope to see you all there!