Time once again for our monthly third-Thursday meeting up at Ice Harbor! As usual, tasting will begin at 7pm, and business will get underway by 7:30pm. Come say “hi” to our new VP Kelly and Publicist Chad! Hope to see you all there!
Hope you have all recovered from your holiday festivities…just in time to come celebrate with your fellow homebrewers! Our annual MCZA Holiday Party is this Saturday, January 18th from 5pm to 10pm at Shrub Steppe Brewery. Details are as follows:
1. No outside food of any kind – this is a health-code issue. The club will be providing members with some food/drink; you are more than welcome to purchase extra food/drink from Shrub Steppe!
2. Bring your brews! – outside beer *is* ok to bring in, and as always, members are encouraged to share the wealth!
3. We will be holding a whopping three (3!) judging competitions: Club Quarterly for Winter style; Best Munich Dunkel from Megabrew; and Best Overall beer at the party. Be sure to talk to one of the officers/James to get your beer entered.
4. We will be voting on two officer positions: Vice President and Publicist. If you have any last-minute nominations, bring it up at the meeting. Be sure to attend if you want to cast your vote!
5. This party will be family-friendly, so bringing the kiddos is A-OK. Bringing your best friend/boss/neighbor/best friend’s boss’s neighbor, however, is not. This is a members-only event, and as such, only significant others and immediate family are welcome to attend.
6. A few members will be bringing their fire pits from home so we can toast by the embers. If you have extra firewood lying around and would like to donate it to this endeavor, please bring it on Saturday.
Lastly, as always, the club encourages responsible drinking. If you are showing signs of being over-served, the staff at Shrub Steppe has the right to cut you off. The club will also try to provide transportation to members who need a ride home. Along with being responsible consumers, we should all be responsible guests. Please be sure to thank the Shrub Steppe-ians for their generosity in providing a venue for our shindig, and respect both the staff and the establishment.
Hope to see you all there!
Our venue for December’s meeting has changed! This month’s meeting will be held at Shrub Steppe Smokehouse and Brewery (click here for a map; just a few doors down from White Bluffs)! December’s meeting will be on Thursday, 12/19.
As usual, tasting will begin at 7pm, with business getting underway by 7:30pm. Topics will include:
- Club quarterly judging: Winter/Holiday brew. Bring in your creation to be judged by your peers; fabulous prizes are to be had!
- Winter party. We have penciled this in for January 18th. Details to follow.
- Publicist and Vice President positions are open for nominations. We will be voting on these two spots at the winter party in January.
Please help us spread the word about this month’s venue change! If you know anybody who may not be signed up for the email list or FB page, but would like to attend, let them know we will be at Shrub Steppe this month.
Also, be sure to show the Steppe some love! Try one of their delicious beers (or two, or three), stock up on your Shrub Steppe gear (hats, t-shirts, glasses, etc. all make good stocking-stuffers), and sign up for their mug club! See you on December 19!
Our next homebrewer’s club meeting will be this Thursday, October 17 at Ice Harbor. As usual, tasting will begin at 7pm, with business getting underway by 7:30pm.
Come this month to discuss details of the upcoming Fall Megabrew. We will be brewing a Munich Dunkel on Saturday, November 2. Things typically get going around 8am. As with past Megabrews, we will be filling up carboys in *paid order*. Sign up for your spot at the meeting.
Hope to see you all there!
Time once again for our third-Thursday monthly meeting at Ice Harbor! Per usual, sampling begins at 7pm, with the business portion getting underway by 7:30pm.
We are planning on judging the club quarterly style, the Oktoberfest, at this Thursday’s meeting. If you have an Oktoberfest you would like judged by your peers (and would like a shot at a fabulous* prize), please bring a few 22 oz. bottles or a growler to share. We will also decide the fall Megabrew style. Hope to see you there!
*Fabulousness of prize open to interpretation.