Happy Holidays, fellow Zymurgians!
It’s that time of year again – time for our annual holiday party! This shindig will once again be graciously hosted by John and Linda Heitz this Saturday, January 14 starting at 6:00pm. A map of their address is found HERE.
The homebrew club will be providing some food, including meat/main entree, as well as some suds. Please bring a side dish and some homebrew for all to share. Also, please be courteous to the neighbors regarding parking (only street parking will be available) and show respect to the home of our hosts.
During the meeting, we will also be holding the official election of new officers: club President (1 year term) and Vice President (2 year term).
*NOTE*: This will count as our official club meeting for the month of January. There will NOT be a third-Thursday meeting at IHB this month.
Hope to see you all there!
Join us this Thursday, Dec. 15 at White Bluffs Brewing in Richland for our monthly MCZA meeting! This month, we will discuss (among other items):
- Judging the quarterly club styles (American and German Rye, pumpkin beer), which will take place at this month’s meeting
- The club’s holiday party in January
- Nominations for club President (1 year term) and Vice President (2 year term)
You may also pay your club dues for 2012. Individual memberships are $20, memberships for couples are $25.
As before, we cannot begin sampling our homebrew until after the close of business at 7:00pm, so if you come early, be sure to enjoy one of Mike’s delicious brews up front. Hope to see you there!
A reminder that our next homebrew club meeting will be on Thursday, November 17 at Ice Harbor Brewing. As always, tasting begins at 7:00pm with business getting underway around 7:30pm. A few topics for this month include:
- Club Quarterly Styles – remember to brew your American Rye, German Rye, or Pumpkin beer, if you haven’t already! We plan on judging these styles at our December meeting. And speaking of our December meeting…
- Last Meeting of 2011 – our final club meeting of this year will be on December15 at White Bluffs Brewing in Richland. Don’t forget!
- Club Holiday party – date and time TBD, but usually takes place in mid-January.
- National Homebrewer’s Conference – next year’s meeting will be in Seattle, and we would like to have a strong club representation! If you are even considering trying to make it, please join our email list to discuss it. Visit http://nhc.mcza.org/listinfo.cgi/nhc-mcza.org to subscribe, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “subscribe” in the message body.
- Nominations for New Officers – we will discuss this further at the meeting.
Hope to see you all there!